Wednesday 24 December 2008

The journey called life....

Hi readers......

I was sitting ideal at home ,had nothing to do much so thought of creating my blog and to scribble something in it...After creating it I sat back to think the topic to write. So finally decided to write my journey from a daughter to wife.....


Childhood days:
The journey was very long around - two and a half decade.When I was born everybody called me as my dad's" lucky beti". The reason was, my dad met with a serious accident and that time my mom was pregnant having me in her womb. Everybody lost hope that he will live. My grand mom said "Agar iss bacche ke naseeb mein apne baap ka pyaar hai to isse kuch nahin hoga". He was saved. My dad got another life. Doctors said it was a miracle that he is saved.. After a month I was born and everybody called me as my Dad's lucky beti. At times I tried to misuse it. When papa used to scold me or not listen to me then I say papa I am your lucky daughter u cant do that...And papa smiles. As far as I remember after marriage I think i had never said him this . Don't know the reason . Might be he didn't scold me as he thought that he has no right to do that(has marriage brought this difference between us)...
I was very near and dear to my parents..That's true that my parents used to love me the most but at the same time they used to scold me the most ..Now I realize that they did for good.. A diplomat saying whom you love the most ,you scold the most. I was very naughty during my childhood. You can always find at least one band aid on my body. Either I used to fall from cycle or while playing baddy, basket ball etc. And when the wound was deep, my father used to be my doctor. Heartlessly he used to clean the wound and do dressing least bothered of my screams..Whatever I wanted just had to open my mouth and my dad used to get it.I lived in joint family.Two uncles,aunts, cousins and my family all used to stay together. I was elder of all. We all used to play together(with dolls, wearing saree, role of teacher, cricket etc)and no doubt used to fight too. Before marriage iIwas free from all worries and responsibilities. I did things which I wanted to do. Nobody could force me to do .
As I grew up the very common thing which keep on striking in a parent's mind is of "MARRIAGE" struck them.
Many proposals came and finally dad was serious with one of them. His name is Yash. We met in Delhi liked each other, with parallel views and finally got engaged.


During courtship period:

After engagement I was tied with new relations. Very anxious to know about my 'would be' husband , new family (mom,dad,brother etc). Initially it was very difficult for me to handle both the relations that is my side relationships and Yash's side relationships. I started giving more time to my in laws talking to them over phones and internet. I remember me and my mom cried once as she couldn't bear me calling someone else as Mom(Yash's mom). She became emotional and was unsecured of loosing a daughter..I explained her that I have to talk to my in laws also to know their nature so that in future I can keep them happy and satisfied. Oh it was quiet difficult for me to carry both relations together but at least I gave a try and it was successful. Both relations are exceptional and close to my heart. Everything went on properly and finally we both got married!!!


Married Life:

No doubt I am enjoying a lot!!! I still remember first day after marriage everything was so unusual to me. I was carrying so many emotions together in my heart- was very nervous(but obvious), excited of getting married, fear of committing mistake, felling sad for being departed with my near and dear ones and also very happy of being part of new family..But ya hats off to my husband as he helped me to get adjusted with his environment and people around..After marriage all of a sudden I found myself that I have grown up. Apart from being a daughter, sister etc I was entangled with relations like Wife, Daughter-In-Law, Sister-In-Law, Chachi, Mami and many more and it is real fun to be part of them.. At times I have to work according to others, to keep them happy. And in their happiness I try to find my happiness. Yash was working in Delhi so after marraige I was staying in delhi with him. Initially my in laws came with us to settle us. I still remember the very next day when they left I found a new Richa in me, with full of responsibilities, a much grown up person.. I often used to go Assam to visit my relatives. So mostly I was busy with my packing and unpacking.. And now I am in UK with Yash enjoying my life... No doubt we fight a lot, argue with each other but after sometime we become as friendly and loving as before. Might be we realize our mistakes, try to coddle [usually Yash does :)], or we know that we both should care for each other.. At this point I would like to confess one thing - at times I enjoy those arguments and the pampering which I get from Yash. I dont know what is destined in our life but ya one thing is for sure - I am ready to face each and everything happily as my hubby is there with me..

No doubt life completely changes after marriage but I bet everybody enjoy that changes.. Atleast I can say in my context...



No comments:

Post a Comment